Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

Ten years later I still cannot talk about 9/11 without crying. I guess time does not heal all wounds. It makes my heart heavy that my children, because most were too young when the attack happened,will never truly understand the impact this had on our country and so many lives. As well as how it changed our country forever. 
In a way I am grateful the only America they have known is post 9/11. They do not know what freedoms we lost that day. They do not ask the same question I do over and over, "How could someone have that much hate for someone else that they would want to commit an act so terrible?"
What do I wish my kids could remember?... The unity and pride everyone felt after 9/11  because we all came together in this great country. How everyone flew their flags with such pride. Seeing a member of the armed forces and thanking them. (some of us still do this). 
I will always be grateful to the first responders, volunteers and our military! God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment