Sunday, October 21, 2012

2012 Homecoming Mum for my Junior

Below are pictures and tips of my daughters mum this year.  She is a Junior and her date was a Senior.

Above is the mum for my daughter who is a Junior this year.  NOTE her boyfriend's name is in gold on white ribbon.  This is because he is a Senior.  Senior Mums or Garters are traditionally all white with gold or silver accents.  So if their date is not a Senior the name of the Senior should still be on white ribbon.

I was lucky this year and found my boas (on the sides) at a local Dollar Store! (SCORE!!!) 

Her date doesn't play sports any more but is in tech club etc.  I was able to find small tools (wrench, hammer etc) in the Christmas section of a craft store.  They are miniature Christmas tree ornaments.


Above is a close up of the top part of the mum.  There is red tulle cut into strips, folded and stapled to the backer.  (I don't remember the exact size I used I just played with it until it was the length I wanted.) The C and W are thin wooden letters purchased from a craft store painted red.  After the paint dried I applied a thin layer of white school glue with a sponge brush and covered with gold glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment