Friday, October 4, 2013

SENIOR MUM-Homecoming Time AGAIN!!

Senior Mum


Mums and Garter are completed and TODAY is the DAY!! I think I will start by posting my Senior Mum. Cannot believe this is the last time I will make my oldest a mum. I was fine until I was cleaning up all my mum stuff the other day and found some leftover "Class of 2014" ribbon. Yes, I started balling. It finally hit me, I just completed my last mum for her.


Finished Senior Mum

Senior Mum Topper

I used white tulle around the outside, thick gold ribbon for the loops and smaller gold ribbon for the strips. The picture is just a snapshot from Prom last year printed in black & white off my laser printer. The white picks came from the wedding area at the craft store, the gold picks from Christmas section and the hearts from the homecoming section. I "dressed up" the standard plastic senior charm with rhinestones and gold stars. The "C W" were already sparkle white from the craft store.

Senior Mum Streamers
Now for the streamers...This is where I really tried to personalize it!  She has been in newspaper for all four years so for the names I used chip board newsprint letters I found at the craft store. One of their favorite places is the zoo so above the names I have their favorite animal. The small "beach items" on the right are to remind her of Spring Break last year when he asked her to prom.  Of course more black and white pictures. The garland is Christmas garland I found at dollar tree!

And Lights
And yes, I had to add lights! Just used two strands of the LED lights, one on each side. I wrapped the lights around the garland and glued the on off switch to the hanger loop on either side  so she could easily reach the switch.




No comments:

Post a Comment